Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Finance for the New, the Old, and the Weary

If you're reading this blog it's because you either 1) are new to Finance and need to learn what ETF, MBS, ABS, etc mean 2) need a quick re-cap on a topic 3) are studying for a major finance exam. Whatever your reasoning may be, I'd like to welcome you. I hope this information proves useful.

A quick background: I'm a 20-something old female who just graduated with a degree in Economics. As I entered the real world, I realized I didn't know as much finance as I thought I did. I landed my first job in a horrible economy (yay me!), but couldn't make sense of the everyday diction - it was like learning another language! So I decided to study for an extensive, 3 level finance exam (yes - that one).

With the first exam date only 2.5 months away, I thought I'd start a blog to track my progress. While the information here may prove useful if you are studying for the exam, please note this is not a study guide. I am not affiliated with the test makers. Just an average gal looking to pass the exam.

As I begin studying (should've started months ago, I know), I will post reviews of the sessions. By breaking it down, I hope this material helps not only my understanding, but anyone out there who is trying to figure out what the hell a collateralized mortgage obligation or a hybrid security is.

To those taking the exam in June - Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment